Tuesday 6 May 2008

Grid and Layout

I have been given a brief to re-design a magazine page layout.
In order to do this I had to deconstruct the existing page (page 36 Death of analogue – WTF Magazine).
My page was structured with 6 columns and 4mm gutters. I used the original grid layout of the magazine so that it would be suitable to replace the old design.

death of analogue original

page 37 thumbnails

I have removed “analogue at a glance” because it is the start of the article. I wanted to improve its impact by giving it a title page style, and felt that the section “Analogue at a Glance” would be best suited on the next page with the “Digital Switchover” section…
The reaper was deleted because it was cheesy and I thought just leaving his hand resting on top of the TV was enough to get the concept across.

Picture 4

No comments: